** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Sunday, October 24, 2010

EXTREMELY URGENT
PRAYER REQUEST



Please take a few moments to read the article I have linked to below and then I'll tell you about the urgent prayer requests.




The Langley family, whose sons were the victims of this senseless crime, lived right outside the entrance to the subdivision where we lived for many, many years. When we moved here into our new home, about 3 1/2 years ago, they still lived there.
The Langley boys went to school, rode the school bus and occasionally attended church with our two youngest daughters all through elementary and middle school. The boys were a permanent fixture in our neighborhood. They hung out with our girls and all the other kids in our neighborhood, especially when everyone was still a little younger. We even got our oldest furbaby, Sadee, from the youngest boy when she was born, a little over 5 years ago.

As the article states, yesterday afternoon both boys were at some kind of gathering at a home about 50 miles north of Newnan, when they were shot by another teen after some kind of 'altercation' took place. The 16 year old died of his wounds early this morning and the 19 year old is still very critical and is desperately fighting for his life.

I would like to ask that you PLEASE pray for Daniel's life to be spared, if it is God's will. Please also pray for his entire family as they begin to process this horrific tragedy and deal with its aftermath. I also ask that you pray for the teen perpetrator and his family. I have thought about this so much ALL evening and I just can not imagine for the life of me what could cause anyone, especially someone this young, to just start shooting at two other human beings with the intent to end their lives. Now he has succeeded in ended a life that had only just begun, plus his own. He has also completely torn apart the lives of so many others. It is just so very, very sad to me.

Thank you for listening, for your heart and for your prayers. I know that I can always count on you, my friends. I will give an update as soon as I hear.

{{HUGS}}


Photobucket

6 comments:

septembermom said...

Teresa, that is horrible! I will pray for Daniel, his family and all affected by this tragedy. So very sad.

Breathing In Grace said...

So, so sad...praying, Ms. Teresa!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. My heart is breaking for this family. Truly breaking. I will pray right now. May God spare his life and help the family grieve. So, so tragic.

GranthamLynn said...

Dear Teresa what a sad chain of events. I am so sorry to hear this. And yes you are so correct both of these families need prayer. To imagine having to deal with the death of a child is more than I can fathom. But being the parents of the other boy is just as devasting. It is so hard sometimes to understand such tragedies. In our prison ministry I see such tragedies everyday but nothing compared to do this. I am praying for these families. And I am praying for you. I hope you have been getting my emails and cards. I pray they are a blssing to you.
Have a Blessed week
Sherry

. said...

I will lift up this child and his family and all involved including your family and neighborhood. A very sad and tragic event.

J. said...

Ugh, how sad. Definitely lifting everyone involved in prayer!

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails