** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Sunday, July 4, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
AMERICA!!


We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are
created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are
LIFE, LIBERTY and the pursuit of HAPPINESS.
~ The Declaration of Independence - July 4th, 1776

Freedom is never free.
~ Author Unknown

Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the
secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.
~Louis D. Brandeis

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion,
but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
~ Adlai Stevenson

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors,
you had better seek another flag.
~ Author Unknown

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious
blessings they are in possession of, and which no
other people on earth enjoy!
~Thomas Jefferson

We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long
that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how
much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights.
~Felix Frankfurter

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought
forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty,
and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
~ Abraham Lincoln - The Gettysburg Address 1863





FREEDOM'S NEVER FREE
~ by Phillips, Craig and Dean

Standing on a hillside
Where the river meets the sea
White crosses without number
Line the fields of peace

And each one a silent witness
Staring back at me
Every cross a story
Of another place in time
Where young men thought it worthy
To give their life for mine
And for the sake of honor
Left their dreams behind

And for the price they paid
I'm forever in their debt
Their memory will not die
'Cause I will not forget

I will stand and hold my head up high
I will dedicate my life
To the glory of the ones who had to die
I will live, live what I believe
If for no one else but me
I will remember
That freedom's never free

It was on another hillside
Outside the city gates
The battle lines were drawn
As soldiers took their place

The Father watched in silence
As a cross was raised
With freedom drawing closer
He took His final breath
He drank our cup of guilt
And took the sting from death

Heaven's Finest Soldier
clothed in human flesh
And for the price He paid
I'm forever in His debt
The cross will never die
'Cause I will not forget

I will stand and hold my head up high
I will dedicate my life
To the glory of the One who had to die
I will live, live what I believe
If for no one else but me
To remember that
Freedom's Never Free

I will walk free
I will stay free
I will live free
I will die free!


Amen! That is such a POWERFUL song! I just found it today but it gives me chills every time I listen to it.

I hope you all are having fun celebrating the 234th birthday of our great Nation! I hope you have a wonderful day. Be safe and have lots of fun!


Blessings,


Teresa





10 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

very cool quotes!

Writing Without Periods! said...

I wish everyone in USA could see your post today...it's wonderful.
Thank you,
Mary

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This is a very moving post. Thank you. "Freedom is never free" - so true, but we so often take this for granted. Thanks for the reminders.
Blessings for a happy 4th.
xoRobyn

Kel said...

Thanks for recognizing our families who are out there serving. Have a fun and safe 4th! :)

Karen Mortensen said...

That was wonderful. Thank you so much for posting this.

Dawn said...

Great post! Happy 4th!

septembermom said...

That song is beautiful. Thank you for this moving tribute post. Enjoy the 4th!

Vivianne's Vista said...

This is a wonderful compilation for Independence Day. Thank you for reminding us of the great sacrifice many families are making all over the country to maintain our 'free'dom. I also want to thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment. I became a follower also!

Lisa Petrarca said...

Your blog is AMAZING! Thanks for stopping by my blog, (they usually aren't such emotional posts)LOL!

I'm a follower!

Julie said...

Love this post. Love the song. Gonna click on the movie shortly. Didn't want to lose the chance to post a comment first.
Off to read a bit more. Take care. Oh your family is beautiful. Not to sure about the holding a snake or seeing a gator that up close. I love Minnesota...not big snakes and only gators in the zoo. :o)
Take care and God Bless!!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails