** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Thursday, June 10, 2010

WON'T YOU BE
MY NEIGHBOR??




We recently had new neighbors move in next door and our youngest daughter, Rebekah, our social butterfly, has been dying to go over and meet them. However, as we all know, a proper southern lady can not possibly go welcome new neighbors without some kind of tasty treat in tow. So, she decided to bake a really yummy cake to welcome their family to our neighborhood. She chose a recipe that I stumbled upon about a year ago. It is THE absolute easiest cake in the world to make and, I promise, you will never, ever taste a cake that is more moist. Plus, it is really fun to make because you get to choose the ingredients!

Let me explain.

You pick your favorite boxed cake mix and your favorite can of frosting to go with it. Now, stay with me. I know it sounds like a typical cake from a boxed cake mix but it is VERY different! Here are the directions:



  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or whatever your mix calls for)
  • Grease and flour a Bundt pan
  • Mix cake according to package directions, adding one additional egg
  • Add one can of frosting to the cake batter (Yep, INSIDE the batter!)
  • Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake according to package directions (or until pick inserted into center comes out clean) Ours usually take an average of 40 minutes.
  • Cool slightly and turn onto baking rack
  • After completely cooled, you may drizzle more icing on top, add sprinkles, sifted powdered sugar, etc. However, the cake is SO rich and moist due to the icing in the batter, it really does not need anything else.

These cakes are SO delicious and there are SO many options to choose from. The sky is the limit! My husband and daughter have made a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting, a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting (this one tasted like a pound cake - YUM!), a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and several others. For our neighbors, Rebekah chose the strawberry cake with strawberry frosting and they were gobbling it all up before she and my husband left! The next day, Rebekah decided to make one for us. She chose the Funfetti cake mix with Funfetti frosting. When it cooled, she drizzled a bit of glazed icing on top and added sprinkles to make it 'pretty'. It turned out great!

Here are a few pictures she took of the finished product.













Click on any picture to enlarge for better viewing...and to make you drool!!


So, if you need a quick dessert to take somewhere and don't have much time to put into it or if you just want a really yummy treat for your family, this is an amazing option. Try it! Let me know what kind you make and how it turns out! I love hearing the different 'concoctions' people come up with!

Hope you are having a great day!

{{HUGS}}

Teresa



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks absolutely wonderful! We have new neighbors too...might need to steal that recipe. =)

Unknown said...

looks yummy...my mouth is watering! tfs!

Unknown said...

Wishing I had seen this earlier! I made brownies last night for a gathering tonight and this would have been so much better!

Been praying for you and your mom and the health issues in your family this week. (((HUGS)))

Karen Mortensen said...

This looks great. It sounds good too. Wish I moved in next door. I love cake and stuff anybody else makes.
Thank you so much for stopping by and becoming a follower. I love it. I am following you too. It looks great here.

cheri said...

wow, it is easy, it does look pretty. i bet it's yummy, too :)

from SITS :)

OC Fun Blog said...

YUM! That looks so good! What a really sweet way to introduce yourself to your new neighbor. We could use a little of that SOuthern hospitaility out here in SO Cal:) Happy Saturday Sharefest!

septembermom said...

hungry now...

LBDDiaries said...

This looks yummy - can't wait to try it - just not until I have someplace to send the leftovers so the cake doesn't call to me in the middle of the night! Maybe the next time I know Alpha Son is coming over. Thanks for sharing EASY!

Anonymous said...

What a fun and easy sounding cake. I think I'll let my new tween make that this weekend! - And, I agree, a good southern girl always takes some nice fixin's over to the new neighbors house! There's nothing more wonderful to make you feel at home. We've been in our new home almost a year, but I've never seen a neighbor yet - guess they aren't southerners!

P.S. I'll try my button out tomorrow when I get back from out of town. I've need a wordpress expert to help me out there probably! LOL

discoveringthemeinmommy said...

too cute! we have some strange neighbors though....

now following!

Michele McGraw (ScrappinMichele) said...

Just stopping by from SITS! Awesome looking cake. Making me drool!!!

Ruth F said...

You have a wide variety of things to visit. Loved your post about the cake and bright star. Will visit often.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails