** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK
Entry #5



Would you like to linger on the simple things? Then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'.

~ The Simple Woman - Created Spring 2008





FOR TODAY - Tuesday, May 18th

Outside my window.....it is partly cloudy, humid and a very warm 76 degrees.

I am thinking.....about how overwhelmed I feel, and have been feeling, especially over the last few weeks. There is SO much 'stuff' that needs to be done, but with all that has been going on in our lives lately, the list just continues to grow. And because I can't help with hardly any of it, it makes me feel completely useless some days.

I am (so very) thankful for....being able to attend the Band Awards Ceremony at school last night! It was very physically challenging and I am REALLY paying for it today, but I'm so glad I made it! Morgan and Rebekah each received several awards and I'm SO very proud of them! Morgan also received the Director's Award; one of the highest honors bestowed upon any band member. She truly deserved that honor and recognition. She has performed in multiple bands and ensembles (Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Honor Band, Solo & Ensemble, etc.) throughout her four years of high school. Plus, she proved to be a wonderful leader as she served as Drum Major for three of those years. She truly dedicated her entire life to band for four solid years! So, her dad and I were so very happy to see her receive the recognition she deserved for ALL the time and hard work she put into it.

From the kitchen.....our pantry and refrigerator are moaning and groaning because they are hungry. :0)

I am wearing.....shorts and a band logo t-shirt.

I am remembering.....that I need to schedule a couple of doctors appointments for me and a sports physical for Rebekah.

I am going.....to take a nap and get some rest as soon as I finish this entry. I am really hurting a lot again today.

I am (still) reading.....'When The Soul Mends' - the third book in the 'Sisters of The Quilt' series by Cindy Woodsmall. I have not been reading much lately.

I am hoping.....that David will be able to get home earlier tonight so, hopefully, we can watch Dancing With The Stars which we had to record last night.

I am praying......that the pain eases soon, that I will stay free from infection and that I will be able to make it through Morgan's graduation next Friday evening (May 28th).

I am hearing.....the garbage truck roaming through the neighborhood, squealing to each of its stops.

Around the house.....there is a big mess where my husband is still working hard on our built-ins to go on either side of the fireplace. I will be SO happy when they are complete!

A few plans for the week....thankfully, no plans for the rest of the week or weekend! That means I'll have someone with me most evenings and this weekend! YAY!

Pondering these words......'If God, like a father, denies us what we want now, it is in order to give us some far better thing later on. The will of God, we can rest assured, is invariably a better thing." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

From my picture journal.....

Morgan at one of her last competitions


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day!

Teresa



If you would like to join in with 'The Simple Woman's Daybook', please feel free to visit Peggy's blog. She is a wonderful hostess and would love to have you stop by.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

You must be so proud of Morgan & Rebekah! I love that picture!!

I hope you were able to rest and your pain eases soon.

Blessings...

Rachel Cotterill said...

I remember seeing this daybook meme on another blog, many months ago. Thanks for sharing your entries, and I hope you get all the rest you need to recover.

Kim said...

Thanks you so much for your prayer it means a lot. I will say one for you too that you get to make it to your daughters graduation. Take care.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails