Once again, I'm joining Sonya at TRUTH 4 THE JOURNEY as she sets aside one day of the week to blog about 5 special things she is thankful for this week. This week, I am reminded of the very same things I was thankful for last week, and every week, like Jesus, my wonderful family and that my husband still has his really awesome job. However, it would get a little boring if I blogged about the same things every week. So, of course, I am always able to think of a few more things I'm especially thankful to the Lord for!
So, here are the things I am thankful for this week:
1) I am thankful for another week free from doctors offices, hospitals and really bad infections!
2) I am thankful for my mom who continually shows me how much she loves me with all her gracious acts of kindness. Even though she is not in the best health nor is she feeling very well, she continues to send me cards, bring me flowers from her garden, cooks my family homemade, yummy meals and calls and stops by to check on me. She is so very special to me! I love you, Mama!
3) I am thankful that my 95 year old grandmother is still hanging in there and is doing fairly well, although we all know the time is drawing near for her to go meet Jesus face-to-face and to once again be with our Papa, where she has longed to be for nearly 23 years now. We sure will miss her but we know she will be so much happier there than where she is now.
4) I am thankful to have found a long, lost childhood friend that I have not seen in nearly 25 years! We were so close for many years and then life kind of got in the way and we lost touch. I have searched and searched for her over the years and finally found her on Facebook this week. I ♥ Facebook and I ♥ my friend, Kristy!
5) I am thankful that football season is back! WOOT! I absolutely LOVE all kinds of football (especially Auburn Tigers) and I love to see 2 of my daughters march during the half-time shows at our high school games on Friday nights. I hope and pray that somehow, someway I'll be able to make at least one or two of the half-time shows this year. Please pray about that for me, if you don't mind!
If you'd like to join us for 'THANKFUL THURSDAY', or just read what some of the other bloggers are thankful for this week, you may click HERE to find Sonya's blog. This past week has been especially difficult for Sonya as she lost her father unexpectedly last Saturday, August 22nd, to a heart attack. Please be sure to keep her and her family in your prayers.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and I hope to see ya soon!