** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

STAYCATION!! WOOT!!




Hi Friends,

I just wanted to touch base and let you all know that I am still alive! I'm so sorry I have not been able to post in such a long time. I've had an especially hard time with my illness lately, even more so than usual, and I've been almost completely confined to my bed since before Christmas. Before my symptoms worsened, I was usually able to make it downstairs with assistance and stay in a recliner most of the day. However, I've only been able to make it downstairs to our family room two or three times since Christmas and I definitely haven't felt like spending much time on the computer. I sure have missed you all, though! I just haven't had any strength to put into blogging, or even reading blogs for that matter. Plus, there have been SO many things going on in my life and in the lives of my family.

A few things include: 1) My husband working 70+ hours a week, including several weekends
(without being paid any overtime because of his position in the company)
since the beginning of the year, only to learn he was being furloughed for the 2nd time in less than 4 months, with absolutely no notice. 2) My dad falling and fracturing both bones in his lower leg, which required surgery to pin it all back together. 3) Shortly after my dad's accident, the very unexpected death of his brother. This came, as you may remember, only about 8 months after my dad's 96 year old mother, my very precious grandmother, passed away. Needless to say, it has been a very hectic and stressful time for us all, but being sick and confined to my home and bed definitely seems to make dealing with these kinds of things so much more difficult.

With all that said, David and I have decided to take advantage of a few days this week to enjoy him being home. He and I have decided to spend some much needed time with just each other. It has been a VERY long time since we have done so. Since I'm not really able to travel right now and we definitely do not have the money to spend on even one night at the Motel 6 down by the interstate, we have decided to have our own little stay-cation right here at home. We will be 'off the electronic/communication grid', so to speak, for the next few days. I am SO excited at the thought of NO phones, No iPods, NO computers......NO interruptions!! I would really appreciate it if you would please pray with us that I will feel well enough to enjoy it. :0)

I hope you all are doing well and I hope to start chatting with you all and visiting your blogs again really soon! Until then, I pray each of you have a wonderfully blessed week!

{{HUGS}}



P.S. I HAVE to tell you all about something amazing that has been happening!! About a month or so ago, I started receiving tons of cards in the mail every day! I'm not sure who initiated it, but I have received loads of Encouragement cards, Get Well cards, Thinking of You cards, etc. I was also blessed with an enormous amount of Valentines and Birthday cards, too!! As of last count, I had received roughly 160 cards in just over a month! And, I still have some that have been opened and read, but not yet added to that count.

This has truly been such an amazing and timely blessing! The Lord definitely knew how much I needed these precious little gifts of sweet, encouraging words that I get to read each and every day. They serve to remind me that there ARE lots of people out there who think about me, love me and pray for me, even though I don't get to see them very often. There are even strangers all over the U.S. AND in other countries who are sending cards and praying for me. How awesome is that?!? I can not begin to thank each ANGEL who has taken precious time out of their busy life to send me a little piece of love and encouragement through a beautiful card(s). Each one has truly been a great big blessing during such a terrible storm in my life!! Bless you, bless you, bless you!

Speaking of cards, I have to say a very special thank you to my dear friend, Teresa, at Grammy Girlfriend and A Baby Changes Everything. Long before all these other cards started arriving, she had been sending me really sweet, really gorgeous encouragement cards. For a long, long time, I received one from her EVERY SINGLE DAY! Plus, they are not only beautiful and sweet cards, but she always covers the envelope with some kind of stickers....and I don't mean one or two. She COVERS them with really pretty stickers, front and back. (My favorite were the nutcrackers at Christmas! I collect those, so they really made my day!) To this day, I still receive one from her at least once a week. She is such an amazing friend and blogger. You should really check her out!





Photobucket



Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

septembermom said...

Teresa, it's wonderful to hear your lovely "voice" here again. You are an angel that deserves all the love in the world. Sending hugs to you my friend - Kelly

Unknown said...

I am so happy to read a post from you! I pray for strength for you and your family in these difficult times. Enjoy your staycation!

Meg said...

It's so good to hear from you! I've been wondering how you've been. I hope you enjoy your staycation! You're in my prayers!

Mind Movies Review said...

We'll always pray for your safety and health! It's so glad to hear from you.

Angela said...

I had taken a break from blogging, nut it looks like I came back right on time to see a post from you. I'm so sorry to hear that so much has been going on, but am praying that God will continue to see you through, and to give you more and more strength everyday. I hope you are/were able to enjoy your staycation and your husband. That kind of quality time is priceless. So glad to hear from you! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope your stay-cation is marvelous and that quality time brings closeness, joy and blessing:) Praying for you guys:)

Betty Manousos said...

Enjoy your staycation!
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Big hugs!
B xx

Lynn Roberts said...

Teresa, I'm so happy you and David had time to just hang with each other. I hope it was refreshing and renewed your strength. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a hard time lately with your health and all the "stuff" with your family. I know how consuming that can be. Its wonderful to know you are getting daily encouragement from others, it says a lot about the type of person you are for them to do that.

Karen M. Peterson said...

It sounds like this staycation really did come at the best possible time. I hope you're doing better!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I saw something from you pop up in my Reader and I was so excited to think you might be back. It's gone now ... hope that isn't bad news!

Hope you had a wonderful stay-cation! And congrats on receiving all the cards! What a blessing those were!

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails