** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Thursday, January 20, 2011

PRAYERS NEEDED!!


Hi everyone,

I'm gonna try to make this short and to the point because it is very LATE and I'm still having a hard time sitting up for extended periods of time. However, I needed to reach out to all my amazing prayer warriors and ask you all to PLEASE pray hard for my parents.

First of all, my dad was working behind his shop yesterday when his feet got tangled up in some lumber and he fell. He fractured both his tibia and his fibula (the 2 bones in the lower part of the leg), down close to his ankle. I truly PRAISE the Lord that he had his cell phone with him and was able to call my brother for help! (Since finding out about the accident, I have thought over and over about what would have happened if he had NOT had that phone. I have pictured him lying out there all alone, injured and in severe pain, with no way to get in touch with anyone! )

After seeing an orthopedist today, it was decided that he will have surgery tomorrow morning, at 9:00 EST, to have some heavy duty 'hardware' placed to stabilize his leg/ankle and help it to heal quicker. He will not be able to be up on his leg (no weight bearing) for at least 4 weeks! That is going to be extremely tough for my dad because he is used to being active, especially working in his shop where he makes all kinds of beautiful things out of wood.

If you don't mind, please pray specifically for the surgeon and other healthcare personnel as they work on my dad's leg tomorrow. Also, pray that the surgery goes really well, the pain is completely relieved and that he has super-speedy healing. Please also keep my mom in your prayers, too. She has been having severe problems with her back, in addition to her other significant medical issues which I've shared with you before.

Needless to say, the next few weeks are going to be an extremely difficult time for my mom and dad. Your prayers for them, and our entire family, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for always being here for me! You are the best!

{{HUGS}}



UPDATE: The surgery went well and he is back home, but as the anesthesia wears off, he is beginning to experience a great deal of pain. Please continue to pray for pain relief! Thank you SO much!!




Photobucket

9 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

You got it.

Mikki said...

praying!!

Mimi said...

I will hold them all up in my prayers!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Done...and a little prayer for you too. (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear that he is out of surgery, I will pray for quick healing

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

praying......and for you too

septembermom said...

I'm praying Teresa.

Julie said...

I know it's been ages since I stopped by but I' sure glad I did. The more prayers the better things will be for your daddy and family. So I'm praying for him, for you, for your bother and all. Take care and have a blessed afternoon. Keep us posted when you can.

LibraryDragon/Storykeeper said...

The power of prayer is an amazing thing.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails