** Due to the increasing severity of MY ILLNESS, it has become impossible for me to continue to post on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as much as I desperately long to, I am also unable to visit each of your blogs often or reciprocate all the loving, supportive comments many of you continue to leave - even though at times it may appear as though you've arrived at some long ago, forsaken blog! With that said, I really want you to know that I miss every single one of you and that I really am still here! I'm just too sick and too weak most days to be able to sit up long enough to create a brand new post...or even read one. However, I absolutely do receive AND read every new encouraging word you leave (and, often, the old ones, again and again!) and I cherish them now more than ever! I truly appreciate your love, support, and, most importantly, your precious time spent on your knees in prayer for my family and me. It ALL means the world to me and I am truly blessed to have friends like you!
~Hugs and Sister Love, Teresa

FYI: All comments come to my email, which I can easily read on my phone. I also enjoy Facebook on my phone because I can catch up on A LOT in a very short time there. Soooo, if you're on Facebook, come 'friend' me there! {{HUGS}} **

Monday, February 15, 2010

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK
Entry #1


Would you like to linger on the simple things? Then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'.
~ The Simple Woman - Created Spring 2008


FOR TODAY - Monday, February 15th

Outside my window...it is cold and windy but the sun is shining. It is a gorgeous day.

I am thinking...that I am glad that I finally remembered to start these journal entries.

I am thankful for...my daughter, Mo, receiving her first college acceptance letter! It was from Auburn University. How exciting!?!

From the kitchen...I can hear Mo emptying the dishwasher and tidying up. I'm not sure what we are going to do for dinner. Hmmmm....

I am wearing...the same thing I always do these days, my comfy pajamas.

I am going...to rest and take a nap pretty soon. This past weekend was really rough. I have not been feeling well and I had a couple of falls. I have a nice mark on my forehead from one of them. *sigh*

I am reading... 'God Needs Me - Living with Dysautonomia' by Lynn Fox Adams. I've just started it but I'm really excited about the hope it offers to those with our disease!

I am hoping...that my husband gets to take a couple of days off this week while the girls are out for winter break.

I am praying...for no more infections and for increased mobility.

I am hearing...the sound of the vacuum as the girls get their chores done for the week.

Around the house...there are so many little projects I wish I was able to do myself.

One of my favorite things...is my teapot collection. I have about 50!

A few plans for the rest of the week: HA! I rarely have 'plans' anymore but this week I do plan to spend some time with my two youngest daughters while they are out for winter break.

Here are a couple of pictures I am sharing from our snow this past weekend. It is SO very rare here in the south. It was so beautiful but it just didn't last long enough. :0(







If you would like to join in with 'The Simple Woman's Daybook', please feel free to visit Peggy's blog. She is a wonderful hostess and would love to have you stop by.

15 comments:

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

Congrats on your daughter's acceptance to school! Great news.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

we here in the midwest, have been simply overfilled wtih snow. if it doesn't stop soon, i will be lost! i love these pics though!

Lisa said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! I enjoyed reading about YOU, too! :O)Thank you for stopping by and leaving the precious comment that you did. It meant a lot to me. :O)

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing. =)

Jennifer said...

Hello Teresa! You have been thought about in my absence...I hope you are getting better every day. I am sorry to hear about your fall. Congrats on the good news though.

I have been extremely busy but well. I hope to be back to posting daily really soon. I am making it a point to get my Simple Woman's Daybook post done tonight!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been a very good blogfriend lately. My father-in-law's death took us by surprise - he was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas. I'm just now regaining my balance - I am so glad you stopped by. Your visits and your blog are always a beautiful breath of friendship.

I collecte teapots, too! Have you read Kenneth Hagan's "Faith Study" book - it's all about speaking the words of God - in Faith.

So right now, I'm joining with you because the Word says, when 2 are in agreement, it will be done. I'll stand in agreement with you for "no more infections and for increased mobility" - Amen! I'll be praying that daily for you!

Blessings on your Winter Break with your daughters:)

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear Teresa, Am so glad you're blogging again...and that your post had a lot of many nice thoughts in it. Congrats to Mo! Simple joys is the secret of each day, right?

Love you, and praying for you...

Lidj

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Congratz on your daughter's acceptance into a college.

And this is something I didn't expect I'd find in blogville - someone talking about her life with no exagerrations and in pure simple terms!

septembermom said...

That must be some teapot collection. I bet you have some beauties! Congratulations to your daughter. I'm sure she's excited. That last picture looks like what I see from my window now. Wishing you many, many, many days free of pain and distress. You are loved out here in the blogosphere Teresa! I'm praying and thinking of you. (I'm in my comfy pajamas now too. They are the best!)

Lisa said...

Love that snow! What a beautiful home.

Anonymous said...

The snow is beautiful! All of ours melted away into oblivion...

Unknown said...

Hello Friend!
I smiled so hard while reading your journal entry that I nearly pulled a facial muscle, LOL! It is so good to hear about all the wonderful things going on in your life (congrats to Mo on her college acceptance letter!). I know things aren't perfect and there is so much you want to be able to do, but you have so much hope and that is a step in the right direction!

Hugs and Kisses from Marlie and Me

p.s. hate winter, despise snow, but love the beautiful pics!

Unknown said...

I love Simple Woman's Daybook! I left you an award on my blog, please check it out!

christy rose said...

This was a very peaceful post Teresa! I enjoyed reading it! I loved the pictures at the end. They were beautiful! And Congrats to your daughter for her college acceptance. Sounds like things are going well for you now! :) Hope you Have a great week!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Pretty pictures. I hope you are feeling well this week and will have fun spending some time with your daughters.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails